It may not seem like a claim worth making, but injuries caused by a damaged pavement or obstacles in your path can be serious enough to warrant medical attention. The most common injuries include sprained ankles, significant back strain or broken bones. More serious injuries such as head injuries or spinal cord injuries can also occur as a result of a slip or trip on damaged pavement.
At Graham Coffey & Co, we represent those who have slipped or tripped on raised flagstones, uneven or broken pavement while walking or cycling along the road. No matter how minor the incident seems, talk to us. It costs nothing to explore your options with one of our experienced Manchester solicitors. We have handled slip-and-fall injury claims arising from:
- Raised stones or loose paving slabs
- Missing kerbstones
- Loose drain covers or raised manhole/service covers
- Failure to display signs warning of possible pavement failures or uneven surfaces
- Poor road maintenance
- Damage left from accidents such as debris or broken glass
- Crumbling roads or pavements
- Slippery road conditions due to spilled oil, tar or wet pavement
- Poorly painted zebra crossings
- Fallen branches due to wind or rain
- Overhanging hedges containing thistles or nettles
- Uprooted pavement due to tree roots or overgrowth
Local councils and private property owners have a duty to maintain the integrity of pavements, roads and car parks to ensure they are kept free of debris or obstacles that may cause injury. When they do not take proper precautions, or they fail to take action to remove obstacles such as fallen branches, they may be held accountable.
Claims are not limited to pedestrians. Cyclists, motorcyclists and even cars and lorries can sustain significant damage from potholes or other road failures. Whatever the nature of your accident, we will examine all the facts to determine what recourse you have to obtain maximum compensation for any injuries or financial damages you sustained.